Child Wonder the World is a new, boutique neighborhood children’s store and play space in Burien, Washington.
The store carries children’s clothing, toys, and games from around the world, allowing kids and their families to learn about how people live and play globally. The indoor play space is a place for children to learn about and explore the diversity of the real world.
As our pioneer Sales Associate, you will be a core part of the launch and success of our inaugural store! Come enjoy a laid back work environment while being a part of something meaningful.
Our ideal candidate will promote our products or services through excellent customer service and have a passion for exploring and sharing new experiences.
You will welcome customers, answer questions and make sure guests have a pleasant experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following: –
- Deliver an engaging, positive, and authentic customer experience
- Demonstrate aptitude and initiative to learn and teach about products and services offered
- Supervise play space patrons to ensure the safety of all
- Support high standards of organization and cleanliness to maximize the customer experience
- Assist customers and process payment in accordance with company guidelines
- Complete sales transactions, resolve problems, and answer questions through effective communication
- Create and maintain computer files using our CRM and POS
- Attend sales seminars, sales meetings, or educational activities
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and two to three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Industry experience and sales experience is preferred
- Proven track record working with children is preferred
- Ability to adapt and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret contracts, policies, documents, and regulations
- Ability to effectively establish rapport, present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Skill and ability to meet people, listen, and complete sales transactions
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, pro-rata, percentages, and volume; ability to apply concepts of basic accounting
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form
- Ability to operate a point of sales system
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- Background check required
- Masks required per CDC and WHO guidelines
- Store is well-ventilated and a COVID-neutralizing air purifier runs continuously
Salary & Benefits
- In addition to a competitive hourly wage, we offer:
- Employer-sponsored health coverage
- Employer-sponsored dental coverage
- 401K – Paid vacation
- Skills development opportunities via access to a large online library of world-class training developed by leading universities and companies
- $500 Signing Bonus